Monday, April 16, 2007

Still falling

Today is the 16th and it's still snowing. I've lost count of the number of days of snow in a row...or just decided that it was too depressing. It's been coming down pretty hard all day...fluctuating from a really wet snow to little ice pellets. Temps are hovering around freezing, but the roads have been fine and throughout this latest little storm, the worst has been north and east of me here. Just a couple of minutes away it's a bit nastier. The traditional lake effect areas are not faring so well.
At least the thought of spring and the promise of some good weather is still out there! Just like last week, the local meteorologists are predicting a "nice" weekend. I hope they're right this time, although for me it will most likely be a weekend of work as I near the end of my latest class which has really pushed me on more than one front. The stuff I'm learning is useful though and should make me better at my job.

No comments: