Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another Class Down

Today I submitted my last assignment and reviews for my latest class. All is done. It's a good feeling too! I had my paper pretty well done on Tuesday, but continued to revise until today. Being ahead of things takes a lot of pressure off too. Probably the hardest part was watching two movies in a week. I hadn't watched an entire movie in such a long time. Setting aside two hours for each movie was rough, but I learned that it's OK to set aside time for such things.
This latest class was a really good one for me, and not just from a "what I learned" perspective. The ideas and concepts changed the way I look at some things (including myself) and will alter the way I go about some of my teaching. All in all a fulfilling experience. I hope to continue to progress and get better at what I do.
With that done, I now look to the garage. I just brought home another big block and started to strip it down to see what I need to do with it. That was a good feeling too...oil, grease and the obligatory bleeding knuckles. Tomorrow, I'll set the Barracuda out on it's first venture outside the garage, as the forecast looks great. We've had heavy rains, so the salt will be gone from the roads, temps should be around 70 or so, making it a perfect time to get out. After it's initial start up this season, I have found leaks and adjustments to make, nothing major, but how can a transmission line just decide to leak when it's done nothing for a few months? Ah the joys of the old ones.
So I guess it's two weeks before the start of my next class and two weeks to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.....Until Monday, that doesn't matter. Time for ME.

No comments: