Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Little Time Off

This past week, I've spent time away from the computer and doing other things. Having a little time between classes was nice. Time for other parts of life. Taking care of the house, trying to get the yard under control and cleaning everything that piles up when you work on a project. It was a good week, but it's just about over. I start two classes on Monday and expect to have little time to do much at all. I've started reading my text that was listed, so that should help get me on the right track. All is pretty good. Nothing too major, just the normal issues that happen with kids nearing the end of a school year, colleagues talking about shake-ups in the coming year, transfers etc. Nothing that major. My position will change a little and I'll lose the LS end of things, but I guess I should expect new things from the administration each year. I'm not too worried about that though, the big change was the curriculum this year, which was rough to say the least.
On the bright side though, I've finally found a computer and should be up to date by the middle of next week. That will be nice, being current for the first time in what seems like forever. I figured that it was about time, considering the tech oriented classes that I've been taking and the fact that I couldn't run a program for my last class due to the antiquity of my current system. It will be sad to see it go. With the way prices are going, it will most likely be the last one that gets built here. It's like reloading shells. If you ignore what you're worth for an hour of work, you just about break even. So this time, I'm getting a warranty, customer service and a complete set up sent to my door. No fooling around, putting one together. I did spend a ton of time checking out different places and specing out what I need though and did request help from a good friend...which drove up the cost of what I "need", but I hope this new one lasts for the next ten years!
Well, I'm off to grade tests so I can show my students their updated grades tomorrow. That will be the end of the evening for me.
Good luck this week.

No comments: