Monday, May 21, 2007

A Little Confusion

Taking two classes at the same time has added a little confusion. Remembering different classmates from different classes is getting tough and the time requirement is already showing itself to an issue. I'm not the most organized of people so I guess it's time to become among the more organized. Today, I worked out a schedule for myself, working on a different class depending upon the night. I hope this will help.
Other than some minor issues, all is going well. the new computer is working great. I've found all the add-ons that I need. I do now see the need for an external hard drive to take between work and home. I think that will consolidate all of my things and make organization at least a little easier.
On another note. I've introduced my very experienced counterpart to PowerPoint. Suddenly he's excited and interested in some of the things I know. Unfortunately, we are to put together a presentation for the students to watch before they become our students next year. Most of what I've learned in my classes flies in the face of what we'll be doing when we present. I have little say and am more of a secretary, taking his notes, than I am part of the process. It's been like this since the beginning of the year...and I see no end until he retires. I have no problem with him other than the lack of listening to most of what I have to say. I guess, I was in kindergarten when her started teaching, so maybe listening to me has some taboo to it? Who knows. I just hope that I get a good partner when the eminent retirement takes place! One more? two more? Should be soon.

No comments: