Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good Time "Off"

Well the extended weekend turned out well despite some rain. I took Monday and did just as I planned: NOTHING. It's been quite a while since I've done so little. Visiting family at the lake and helping our neighbors who've been there since I can remember pack to leave for good was about all I did. I knew that I had Tuesday off to get all my work done.
Work was all I did on Tuesday. Getting caught up in both my classes was high on the list. I did just that and was in good shape for the rest of the week. On Tuesday evening, however, I returned to the lake to see the neighbors off and take one last boat ride around the lake with them. All was good until I was locking up our place after dark, with no lights and missed the last step off the porch. Now, the list of excuses is huge here, but more or less, I'm just an idiot. I turned my ankle pretty good. My school nurse (my usual first stop for the stupid injuries I inflict upon myself) suggested a trip to the doctor, but I chose more ice...
I did little walking on Wednesday to say the least. Fortunately my students are working on their prep for finals and I'm just there for questions. I don't have to move much as they come to me with questions.
Today, my co-teacher in LS science took a look the ankle and a picture. I guess it'll be OK even though it's really big still. This is the first embedded picture I'm attempting. Since it could go wrong, just like so many other things, I thought "why not" right? Here goes. Just remember I usually don't have this "cankle" (as my colleague put it)...OK so maybe a nice lake picture would be better so here's that one instead.
Although for the slightly wrong and twisted I can send the other one too :)

No comments: