Sunday, October 21, 2007

Georgous Weather

The weather here has been unbelievable!! Sunny, dry, much warmer than usual. I've taken advantage of it. Not with the 'Cuda, but in getting a roof on my house. When I saw that the weather called for several dry days in a row, I came home from school on Friday and started taking the old roof off. Saturday was the start of the new construction, along with a dinner with my grandmother and uncle. Today I'm ready for the ice guard, but ran out of steam. I'm really not built for roofing! Tomorrow after work I should finish the project and get everything put away. It's amazing how many tools find their way onto the roof! Whether it's figuring out where the leaks were and how to stop them, or attempting to re-engineer the meeting points of multiple pitches, there's a bunch of stuff and time needed.
While I'm sore and tired, I might still take the car out for a little jaunt. It's too nice to not get it out at some point this weekend. I feel guilty letting sit when the weather's so nice. I just hope that the rains hold off until I can finish the work tomorrow!!

No comments: