Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ahh, Spring

Life is good here. Spring has sprung and all things seem good. I'm currently clearing the brush from around the property, which has been more intense than I originally thought. There's so much dead plant life that I stand about 5 inches above the ground before I've raked up all the tinder. At times it's a little spooky and rainforest-like.
The weather has been great too. It's a little cool, with temps in the 50's to 60's, but so much nicer than it has been. The car has been out nearly every day and not showing any signs of trouble. Occasionally I get some grief from a person or two that don't agree with me driving something like that but when I tell them my mileage and compare that to the mileage of others on he road, it's usually the end of it. At any rate, I like it and will drive it as long as it's feasible. I do have a mountain bike at the ready if things get too rough though ;)
When all is going well, it's nice to relax on the porch with friends and BBQ something while the birds eat and the deer wander by. That's what I did this PM. No work. Just a little food and conversation in an environment that makes me appreciate where I am. All is good as spring bursts onto the scene. Even the trees behind the house are now displaying the colors of their buds. On some, there are some small leaves too. With only 36 more days to work, I can't help but think about summer and all it has to offer. Until then I'll keep doing what I do and pecking away at what I have to do. Good things await.

No comments: