Monday, March 19, 2007

Good Stuff

The new class is giving me some much needed excitement. I' m putting new things to use already and designing things to help my students. I feels good to see what's out there, although sometimes it does make me feel like such a rube! The network at home and work has been shaky and pretty slow, but other than that little time consuming frustration, all it well on the research front. I'm putting in time searching, reading and digesting ideas. It's just too bad I haven't taken the time to do this more on my own, without needing to do it for a class!
In my school, we are approaching our exploratory. This is where the teachers all teach the kids some hobby or activity that is an alternative to hanging out on the streets/drugs etc. I've started taking my equipment in to teach my guitar exploratory, which always gets comments and interesting reactions from the kids. To think that a teacher plays guitar doesn't seem to normal to them. I guess that there will always be a stereotype! I'm proud to fall outside the norm and just continue to be me as best I can. Tomorrow another guitar goes in...the older ones don't take to traveling too well and take some time for the tuning to settle down so they go in a week or two early. It also gives me a chance to play a little before and after school. I'm a bit out of practice!

No comments: