Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Total Wipe Out

Something really interesting happened today. Numerous teachers came to me to see what I know about the Public folder on our network(the only place that one teacher can share files on our network). It seems that just about all things were deleted by our "technology coordinator". No warning, no email, just a request to make sure that what we had there was needed. This came Friday afternoon....on Monday night, all was gone. I had a bunch of pictures there, which I had there so the yearbook team could use them(I take a ton of pictures in a normal school year). I always have a back up though. Unfortunately, many who team teach share their info here and don't back it up...their out of luck now. I'd hate to try to count the man hours that have been lost! It's too bad the coordinator is basically just a repairman, and not someone that advocates for the use of technology! How many opportunities are missed daily because of frustration and lack of access?

No comments: