Sunday, April 23, 2006

More thinking

Today, as the gray clouds part and the sun pokes through, I think about the course and what has been learned. I think about my unit, and what it was intended to accomplish. I think about the many times that I use technology to convey a point or demonstrate something new that relates to what we're doing in the classroom. It is truly amazing how far technology has come in the last few years. I see a new use for this boon in ideas and abilities. Integrating this capability is the issue for me. I like the idea of having a blog for my students to comment in and to ask questions, have assignments posted, interact with the parents and students and the like, but getting that kind of access to students in school is my issue. I have had a whale of a time getting access to these things at school myself. The negative outlook and potential for misuse seem to pervade and counteract the useful aspects, at least where I am. I am very interested in applying my newfound knowledge to my chosen profession. The uses and conveniences show the worth of such a use of newer technology. This class has shown some of the uses to me. Even though my unit did not fully explore this potential, I intend to integrate more of this in the weeks that follow the original few days that next year will bring. Thanks to all that have helped me learn how to work some of this stuff! You were very helpful! Hope all goes well for each of you and good luck in whatever you do.

mark

1 comment:

Linda said...

I too am enjoying the sunshine; it is about time it showed up! Think it is about time for a bike ride! While I have loved this class I am glad I will have less to do now that spring is finally arriving (late this year) in our area.

Thanks for all your input during this class and best of luck.
Linda