Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Nice Day In PA

Today, as I sit and work on lesson plans for my UbD unit, I look out the window and see it's a beautiful day in PA. Those of you in the more southerly parts might not understand the importance of these days. After a long cold winter, warm cloud-free days during daylight savings time bring so many things. We've had enough rain to wash all of the salt, spread to make travel possible in the winter months, from the roads. It's nearing 65 degrees (warm for us), and it's time to take a break from work for a little while. Today is my last day of Easter break and it's time to work on a hobby. As I like to say, it's time to stretch the legs of my fish and burn some dead dinosaurs...or in regular speak, take a classic muscle car out and burn some gas! WAHOOOOOOOOO
mark

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Mark,

I hope you enjoyed your beautiful day. We had a great winter here in Nebraska, but I do know what you're talking about - those first days of spring! I can't wait to get finished up with classes so that I can start working in the garden!

M Coleman said...

Hate to depress myself...we are suffering through 80+ degrees and drought conditions in Southwest Florida - but soon enough we'll be complaining about the rain...and when the weather is at perfection, we have way too many tourists and snowbirds around!! :-)

Shelly D said...

Mark,

I lived on the border of Arkansas and Oklahoma for several years before I moved to Florida. I can relate to the way you feel about the changing weather. My favorite day of the year was the day the first green bud opened into a leaf. You need to post a picture of you muscle car!

Shelly